1: Reason for SellingFor many homeowners, selling a home is often more emotional than buying a home. And your reason for selling may be a determining factor in the urgency of the sale. The urgency may also have an effect on the price of the property.
It is important to take into consideration the following factors that can influence the sale of your home:
- Reason for selling
- Condition of property
- Design / style
2: Cost of Selling It is very important to first calculate the expenses that may be incurred while selling your home. This knowledge is absolutely necessary as it helps you determine the right price for your home, as well as, the potential profit you can realize.
The cost of selling your home may include things like commission to be paid to the listing and selling agents, pro-rated taxes, closing costs, home warranty, or advertising costs. When you choose Clay & Clay Real Estate Team, we will complete an Estimated Net Seller’s Proceeds equipping you with an estimate of your potential net profit.
3: PriceThe most important factor when putting your home on the market to sell is setting the right price. The price at which your property is marketed can make or break the deal.
Over-pricing your property may result in:
- A smaller buyers’ pool
- A prolonged stay on the market that will result in lower offers being submitted
- You losing money on your investment
- A buyer offering an even lower amount due to a negative perception of the property or area
4: Location Although you cannot do anything about the location of your property, it plays a very important part in the marketability of your home. So, it is important to take the following into consideration:
- Is your property priced in relation to other offers in your area?
- What type of neighborhood is your property located in — well-established, up-and-coming, transitional?
- Is your property located in an urban or rural area?
5: Condition of Your Property The condition of your property is always a factor in how quickly your home sells. It’s a fact: acquiring the highest market value and elevating your home above the others in the same price range often comes down to first impressions. Here are some inexpensive ways to maximize your home’s curb appeal:
- Keep the grass cut and yard clutter to a minimum
- Apply fresh paint to any wooden fences and your front door
- Clean windows inside and out
- Wash or paint your home’s exterior
- Clean algae growth off your roof
- Ensure gutters and other exterior fashions are firmly attached
6: Staging Did you know well-placed furniture can open up rooms and make them seem larger than they are? Or, that opening drapes and blinds and turning on lights make a room seem bright and cheery? It’s true, which is why staging your home to look its absolute best is an important factor in the marketing and selling process.
Here are some inexpensive ways to highlight your home’s best features:
- Clean or paint walls and ceilings
- Clean all flooring, fixtures – lights, fans, and light switch plates
- Repair all plumbing leaks
- Replace all interior and exterior burned out light bulbs
- Remove excessive wall hangings, family pictures, furniture, and extra personal goods
- Declutter closets and leave floors and top shelves empty
- Turn on all lights and open the drapes during the daytime
- Play quiet background music and infuse your home with a comforting scent
- Vacate the property when it’s being shown to prospective buyers
Home staging is no longer optional in this real estate market, but a MUST. It’s what will make the difference in whether your home sells or not.
– Real Estate Mogul Barbara Corcoran
Be sure to ask about our Complimentary Staging Consultation.
7: Accessibility Accessibility is a major issue in many parts of the world. Again you cannot do anything about your home’s accessibility to specific things, but it does play a role in the price of your property. We will work with you to highlight the places of interest that are most accessible to your home.
Here are a few important areas to think about:
- Public transportation
- Main roads
- Shopping centers
- Schools and other educational institutions
- Outdoor areas – public pools, parks, playgrounds
8: Hire Clay & Clay Real Estate TeamOur team functions on a different level due to our unique training, coaching, marketing, and technology solutions. When you choose to hire Clay & Clay Real Estate Team, you get a better real estate experience.
Contact us today to sell your home and maximize your opportunity!